ENTRADA DESTACADA

Grande Luis

AdSense2

BEHIND THE SCENES: formal farewell to Xavi Hernández



Siguemé en Twitter : @SantiTwitLucas

At an institutional event fit for the player that has worn the Barça shirt the most times, the Auditori 1899 was packed on Wednesday afternoon for the formal farewell to Xavi Hernández, who on May 21 announced that he was leaving the club after seventeen seasons in the first team.

The midfielder was surrounded by family, friends, colleagues and former colleagues, including his close friend Carles Puyol, representatives of the other sports teams, including Víctor Tomás and Juan Carlos Navarro, and several directors, led by current president Josep Maria Bartomeu. In an emotional speech, the first team captain commented on much he would like to leave the club with another Champions League medal in his possession and that “I hope this is not goodbye, but more a case of see you later … I arrived here 25 years ago and never in my wildest dreams did I imagine the things I would experience. I am the one who should be grateful. I am so happy.”